Government and Regulatory Affairs
Every business, organization, charity or civic group will face regulatory scrutiny. The success of your business depends on your ability to communicate your message to government and regulatory officials. Our attorneys make sure your voice is heard, and provide strategies to ensure smooth navigation of any regulatory or administrative process. The Firm provides representation in all aspects of administrative and governmental law including local comprehensive planning, regulatory compliance, enforcement actions and administrative proceedings before local, state and federal agencies.
Our Attorneys closely monitor the policies that move through all levels of government, whether it be federal, state or local, to ensure that our clients are never blindsided by changing regulations. In addition our attorneys keep close connections to policy makers in order to create the best outcome for our clients regarding new policy and policy revisions.
At McElhatton Foley, we can provide a wide range of services to your organization, including:
- Planning. A good plan is essential for any business, and developing a solid strategic plan and relationships with regulators in advance of a crisis can make any crisis more manageable.
- Advocacy. Our goal is to provide effective representation before legislative action is taken to call attention to and mitigate any unintended consequences to your business. Our skilled team includes a former member of Philadelphia City Council, as well as a former political consultant, providing our team with the knowledge and contacts to make sure your message is heard.
- Regulatory Counsel. We help our clients navigate the requirements of a wide range of regulatory agencies, including the Department of License and Inspection, Zoning Board, Department of Revenue, City Planning Commission, Philadelphia Housing Authority, Redevelopment Authority, Department of Environmental Protection and other economic development and administrative agencies at all levels of government.
Areas of Practice:
- Advocacy to City Council
- Advocacy to state Executive Branch and regulatory agencies
- Agricultural and environmental counseling
- Campaign counseling and election litigation
- Crisis Management
- Corporate Compliance
- Department of Environmental Protection appeals
- Municipal counseling and litigation
- Public Finance and Redevelopment
- Whistleblower and Qui Tam actions